Mirai

Unlike Boy and the Beast, I have not yet had a chance to finished Mamoru Hosoda's Mirai-but I really would like to, because that was honestly I think that was the most adorable film I've ever seen!

I really enjoyed just how well it captured the personality and behavior of children- as someone who has spent a lot of time caring for younger family members, Mirai's portrayals were INTENSELY ACCURATE!!!! Even the dog felt accurate, somehow!!! I don't know what dogs think about or want but in that moment it just worked so well in the context of the film!

One other aspect of Mirai that I particularly enjoyed (and this is something present in a lot of anime, particularly the slice-of-life genre) was just how entertaining and big the setting felt, despite really being small-scale and limited to the house. It takes a lot of creativity to make a major setting in a film that enclosed from the world, and it's really interesting to see the various ways Hosoda depict's the child's imagination within the house.

With that, I hope to finish Mirai as soon as I get the chance! From what I saw, it was one of the best times I've had while watching an anime film, I can't wait to see the rest!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akira and Cyberpunk

Ayako review

My Lesbian Experience With Loneliness/LGBT in anime